Keeping a place for everything!

professional musings about teaching, learning & libraries...

Monday, February 7, 2011

PearlTrees

Each time i teach my cataloging class I want students to understand the differences between tags and subject headings; not just the process but how they are similar and yet different. With the news that Delicious may not continue when Yahoo sells the website I decided to explore other options.

I tried PearlTrees. I really like it.
1. easy to set up
2. can import bookmarks from delicious
3. its visual and easy to follow
4. less restrictive in creating hierarchies within trees.

take a look at my tree and let me know what you think. then give it a shot and post your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Holly, thanks for your post on Pearltrees. As the Chief Evangelist for the company I'm really interested in getting to know people that are using our software and gaining a better understanding of our community.

    I'd also love to talk with you a bit about some of the cool social aspects we've built into Pearltrees and finally to tell you about some of the ways that other educators are utilizing our tool for their students.

    Are you on Skype? I'm oliver dot starr at Pearltrees.com and @owstarr on twitter. Let me know if you'd be interested in having a talk.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    ReplyDelete